Nov 15: UD to host National Engineers Week event
The University of Delaware will host a live Engineers Week 2014 Countdown event, Friday, Nov. 15 from 1:30-2:00 p.m. in Mitchell Hall.
UD is teaming with the National Engineers Week Foundation on this kickoff event, which will be webcast live.
Following a welcome by UD President Patrick Harker, hear leading engineering experts from UD’s College of Engineering, DuPont and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers-USA (IEEE-USA) discuss the important role engineers play in addressing today’s grand challenges and how volunteerism and partnership contribute to this effort.
The panel discussion will moderated by UD Provost Domenico Grasso.
- Babatunde Ogunnaike, UD College of Engineering Dean
- Karen Fletcher, DuPont Chief Engineer and Vice President - Engineering, Facilities and Real Estate
- Gary Blank, IEEE-USA President-elect
- Elizabeth “Lizzy” Mahoney, UD doctoral student, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Kelsey McWilliams, UD undergraduate student, Environmental Engineering
To attend in person, register here. To tune in online, RSVP and a link to the webcast will be provided closer to the event.