Dual Degree Programs:
Master's in Engineering + MBA
In collaboration with the Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics, the College of Engineering is pleased to offer students the opportunity to simultaneously complete both a master's degree in any of the engineering disciplines plus a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Important features to these dual degree programs include:
- Your application to the dual degree program will be considered first by the desired engineering program. If you are deemed admissible in the engineering graduate program, you will automatically be considered admissible to the MBA program, and hence to the dual degree program.
- Since admission to the engineering program of choice is the first step, the only standardized test required is the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The GMAT, normally required for MBA admission, will be waived.
- The dual degree program will double-count 15 engineering graduate credits as technical electives in the MBA program, so that the dual degree requires 63 credits rather than the 78 credits that would be required if pursuing each master's program separately.
- In order to take advantage of the 15-credit savings, you must be admitted to the dual degree program before completing either the engineering or business master's program.
Dual engineering master's/MBA programs are available as follows:
- Master of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering/MBA
- Master of Civil Engineering/MBA
- Master of Electrical & Computer Engineering/MBA
- Master of Engineering, Mechanical/MBA
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering/MBA
- Master of Materials Science & Engineering/MBA
Please contact Engineering Outreach for more information, or call 302-831-4863.