updated August 2, 2011
UD's Engineering Outreach Program is continually finding new ways to serve pre-college students and their teachers.
- UPDATED POSTING: Engineering Concepts to Enhance Secondary School Math/Science/Tech Ed Curricula - Workshop: Wednesday/Thursday, June 22 & 23, 2011.
The full agenda for the 2011 Engineering Concepts workshop will be uploaded shortly.
Check out the 2010 Engineering Concepts workshop.
(For teaching modules created at previous Engineering Concepts workshops, go to "Resources for Teachers")
- Summer High School Internships - There are 15 engineering and chemistry research project teams that are open to qualified rising high school juniors and seniors on a competitive basis.
The application period is ended. Thank you for the tremendous response to this new program!.
- UDo.CS 2011 - A Summer Workshop for High School Computer Science Teachers- July 26-28, 2011 All positions have been filled for this workshop.
- Teachers who would like to bring their students to campus for a specially designed seminar or tour, including engineering demonstrations and/or hands-on activities, are invited to contact Kathy Werrell
- Family Fridays - More opportunities for pre-college students and their families to enjoy some pizza and then have fun with engineering together!
Friday, April 8, 5:30-7 p.m.: Future Engineers - Registration is now closed for this event. First through third graders explore the wonderful world of engineering through exciting hands-on demonstrations and activities.
- Watch for a future date: Girl's Night Out! - This girls-only event allows young women in middle and high school to meet some of UD's esteemed female engineering faculty and graduate students, learn about their research, and participate in hands-on activities
- Spring Engineering Camp for 4th-6th Graders - A great week of hands-on engineering activities - April 25-28, 2011
- Engineering Cool Stuff Camps 2011 - Agenda and registration details are now available for this year's exciting hands-on engineering camp sessions for 12-16 year olds. The first 80 of the 130 requests already received have been notified to register now. All others are on the waiting list and will be contacted on a first come/first served basis.
Session I will be July 11-15; Session II will be July 18-22.
Read about the Engineering Cool Stuff Camps 2011 including the UDaily article about the 2011 camps!
- Nature InSpired Engineering Research Experiences for Teachers - (NISE RET) - Check out this fantastic opportunity that was provided through funding from the National Science Foundation and UD's College of Engineering. Check out the podcasts of the 2008 summer research experience, the 2009 summer research experience and the 2010 summer research experience symposia!
- Resources for Teachers - Bookmark and check this page frequently for the growing list
- SMART Scholarships for future engineers, scientists and mathematicians